Monday, September 21, 2009

On getting up early...

Let me preface this by saying that if you could get in shape while you slept I would be rocking Jennifer Aniston's rig after a mere weekend of effort. To elaborate: I could be on the Olympic Sleeping Team, I could sleep professionally, I LOVES me some bed. Generally the saddest part of any day for me is when the alarm goes off. Which is good, you know, because it gets the disappointment right out of the way.

Anyway, when I undertook this plan to work out I figured the getting up early would be the killer. Luckily, that has proven not to be the case, because once I make it to Berkeley, the killer workouts begin and all thoughts of anything are erased by my muscles screaming loudly and frequently. After an hour of squats, crunches, side tosses, mountain climbers, burpees, cute little moves where you squat with an 8lb ball and then have to hoist said 8lb ball up a wall and on and on, I'm rarely fantasizing about getting back in bed again. I just want to make it to a shower and weep silently.

Enter my chariot; Miss Corolla.


Isn't she a beaut!?!

 She is the shining vessel that transports me to and from the city for these fitness jaunts, and let me tell you, she's been getting quite the workout herself!! I usually drive my car every other week for street parking, so it's been refreshing to get her out there and really see what she can do. As all responsible car owners do, I change her oil every 3,000 miles or so. Only problem being, because I drive her so infrequently, who really pays attention to when the 3,000 miles will be up? So, this morning, just to be safe I decided to give her an extra little top-up on the oil front. You know, just until I can take her in for a full oil change. I always keep a liter of oil in my car just in case. So I checked the oil, it was a little low and I topped it off. Tossed the oil can in the back (so fastidious about keeping my car pristine) and proceeded home. I park without issue this morning and then.....and then....disaster struck as I casually glanced at the empty oil container in the back seat. Now, believe me, such is the level of utter retardation that I am loathe to even type this, but it turns out I just topped my engine off with something VERY MUCH NOT oil. Yeah, at 7:30 this morning, legs shaking, sweat dripping, I poured power steering fluid in my engine.

So, now I give you the list of things I never thought I'd have to Google before I started working out:

How can I tell if I gave myslf a hernia?
How to fix broken abs
Ice or heat?
When will my engine seize up and die?

Please be OK Miss Corolla!!! Currently working on getting her to triage and having everything cleaned.

2 comments:

  1. We'll see if you're laughing when you have to do them as part of a circuit!!

    ReplyDelete

Bring it! Oh, it's already been brought'n