Friday, September 25, 2009

The Workout Week in Review: Week 2

Another week down! I missed today's session because I'm house-sitting/teen-chauffeuring this weekend. I was supposed to head to the house yesterday after work and be there through Sunday, so yesterday I packed up my laundry (Ah! Washer/dryer access. Can anything be sweeter to an apartment dweller?), my little overnight bag and my swimsuit and was ready to begin my weekend of luxury in someone else's house. Well, plans changed and I wasn't needed last night after all, so I got a bonus night at home with H/BF. Yay!

Now, of course, with this plan change, I would have very easily been able to get up and go to boot camp this morning. Did I? No. No, I did not. Here are some potential reasons why I couldn't make it this morning. Which do you think applies?:
A. I stayed up late watching crappy TV with some white wine (btw, "FlashForward"? Don't mind if I do!)
B. I'm lazy and had planned on not going, so I didn't
C. All of my gym clothes were in my laundry bag and smelled like something had died in them (the stench of pain and grim determination never comes out on the first try)
D. All of the above.

If you chose D. All of the above, gold star for you! So, you know, epic fail on that front. But, in some good news, the house I'm staying at has a pool, tennis courts and a gym (?!?! I KNOW! w00t! w00t!),so my horrible guilt at flaking on boot camp this morning can be assuaged somewhat by me getting some exercise in this weekend, and I'll be redoubling my efforts on Monday morning.

So, to sum up, Week 2 contained the following:
  • My first sort of push-up (on my knees)
  • Two good workouts
  • One missed workout
  • One oil change and car service
  • Slight movement on the scale 
  • Less crippling muscle pain after workouts
  • A lot of TV watching. A LOT.
Meh. Not an epic week by any means, but onwards and upwards, chin up, journey of a thousand miles etc. etc.

Grade for Week 2: C
Leah shows some promise, but needs to apply herself more.

2 comments:

  1. Not that everyone doesn't deserve a day off now and then, but you gotta be careful! The hardest part of workout is just sticking with it. Giving in once makes it all the more easy to give in again.

    Keep it up! If nothing else, your blog is entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, I feel so horribly guilty about missing this workout that I'll definitely be there front and center all week next week! Thanks for reading, btw! Always awesome to get comments.

    ReplyDelete

Bring it! Oh, it's already been brought'n